Monday, August 11, 2008

Use gold paint to embellish your photos.

A small bottle of metallic gold paint has become the new item I use to embellish many of my craft projects. I purchased it from Michaels Craft and for less that $1.50 you can get a lot of bang for your buck. The paint is made by Decor. It is called "Dazzling Metallics" and the color is Venetian Gold.
All you need to do is put a small amount of paint on a piece of scrap cardboard. I apply paint with a cosmetic sponge. I buy a large package at the dollar store. Then I don't fret when I through it away when I am finished applying the paint. A small amount of paint goes a long way. You can always add more, but you can't remove it once it's on the photo. I brush all the edges of the photo and let it dry for a few minutes.
I always cut a double mat out of colored card stock. I do this for all pictures. It's a bit more work, but it's worth it. I also brush all side of the each mat with the gold paint. Once again, go light on the paint. Once everything is dry you can glue the photos to the mats and you are ready to add them to your project. This photo was from the project in the previous post. I added it to the page in the anniversary book and then embellished it with papers, a silk flower, a vintage button and some old ribbon. I added more gold paint to the paper and the edges of the book. Next time you have a craft project that involves paper and photos, try out this technique. You'll be amazed at how a little bit of gold paint can embellish your creation!

post signature

2 comments:

Screaming Meme said...

What a great idea! I love the look!

Rohit Singh said...

very Nice Article and Pictures are very beautiful I forgot to mention last night Play bazaarthat I've nominated you to receive The Versatile Blogger award.Satta king

Related Posts with Thumbnails