Sunday, August 3, 2008

God has blessed me with a dear friend....

It was my birthday last week and boy did my good friend Amy spoil me. We have been friends for 25 years and we have so many things in common. We both love crafting and whenever we have a "girls get together" you can bet that our first stop is the fabric shop!! Before you know it they are announcing that the store will be closing in 15 minutes, so get your fabric cut. We always ask each other where the time has gone. My birthday celebration was no different. First stop Joann Fabrics. Two hours later, we left with our new fabric treasures which will soon be stitched up into some new aprons. We then went out to dinner and talked and talked about...well everything and anything. My dear friend couldn't wait till after dinner to give me GIFTS. Not one gift, but many gifts. It was like Christmas in July! The first gift was a purse. She was sooo worried that I would like it. It couldn't have been more perfect. She also included a hankie and she did all the needlework. This is one of her many talents. It's almost to nice to use as a hankie.
She also got me this wonderful frame with a picture of my husband and I. It was a wonderful gift and very fitting because our 20th anniversary was last week also. Amy had taken the photo in June at her son's graduation party. She had even added the flowers to surround us in the photo. How clever she is. Can you believe there is more. A vintage pattern. I hit the jackpot! Yes, by having such a wonderful friend who is so thoughtful and a pattern to boot. And last but not least, some note cards in the shape of tea cups. I just love them and have already used a few. They are reserved for only the most special thank yous... She also made me some homemade mailing labels which were so cute.
Thank you my dear friend for blessing my special day with your kindness and thoughtfulness. You are a true blessing in my life.
I thank my GOD For you every time I think of you… Phil. 1:3

post signature

2 comments:

Amy said...

You are worth all those things and so much more. Thanks for the kind words....I am blessed to have you in my life! Talk to you soon!
Love, Amy

Rohit Singh said...

very Nice Article and Pictures are very beautiful I forgot to mention last night Play bazaarthat I've nominated you to receive The Versatile Blogger award.Satta king

Related Posts with Thumbnails