Thursday, August 28, 2008

Precious Memories Tucked away....

When people ask me what I create, I'm really never sure how to describe it or what to call it. Some people call themselves an "artist". I can't draw, not even a stick figure. If you would like to suggest a name for it, please let me know. For now I will refer to it as my "paper creations". I came up with this idea for a gift when my son was 16. Over the course of that school year, he had been invited to about 15 Sweet Sixteen parties. This can get expensive, so I starting thinking of what I could make for a gift that a 16 year old girl would enjoy.... I picked up a photo album (5"x7") at Michaels Craft for $2.49 less my 40% off coupon. With a few sheets of scrapbooking paper and some embellishments that I had in my stash, I created this inexpensive gift. There are many pages for the girls to store their photos and souvenirs.
I made a matching gift bag and gift tag to put this little treasure in. What young girl wouldn't want a book to store all their keepsakes in.

The inside page has this bible verse :

“For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Ephesians 2:10

I love this verse. It reminds me that I was created by God and he had a plan for me and for you even before we were born. I thought it was a wonderful verse to put in this birthday gift.

Throughout our life we gather memories. They come in different forms. There are the memories we cherish in our minds, cards we have collected over the years, little love notes we tuck away and precious photos that capture a special time or event. Take the time to make yourself a "paper creation" that will afford you the opportunity to gather up these special memories and display them and share the memories with others.

Memory is a way holding onto the things you love, The things you are, the things you never want to lose.

5 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Sherry! This album is wonderful!!! You are very talented girl, beyond your beautiful sewing...you are what is called a multi-media artist! What a great idea ~ girls love photo albums! xxoo, Dawn

cherry said...

Hi Sherry...my name is Cherry. I found you on DL...and I can see you are just as crafty as I am! ANDDDD you love to decorate..a girl after my own heart. I will have to bookmark your blog. cherry

Screaming Meme said...

Oh I love them...You are a artist!

Emily said...

You have received an award from me!! :) Please visit my blog to pick it up! And by the way, I really like the colors on the blue photo book!

Emily

Rohit Singh said...

very Nice Article and Pictures are very beautiful I forgot to mention last night Play bazaarthat I've nominated you to receive The Versatile Blogger award.Satta king

Related Posts with Thumbnails