Thursday, August 14, 2008

Handmade is always means more....

Well the list of people to send note cards to have been piling up. Birthday gift thank yous ( a bit late), congratulations on becoming a grandmother, and just general thank yous. Since I love to make handmade cards it's difficult to go to the store and buy one. One reason is that I am to thrifty (cheap). I can't justify spending $5.00 on a card. I don't mind spending that on embellishments to make the card....but not to buy the card. I have many of poems and sayings that I have saved on my computer over the years. I always keep a notebook and pen my purse. It's amazing where you can find the most wonderful sayings. So today I sat down and made these cards. Just a few pieces of scrapbooking paper, ribbon, silk flowers, gems and of course the gold paint, made these thank yous something special. A Rubber stamp embellished the inside with the word "Blessed" , which I am.

I can't wait to get these off to their destinations. I wanted to say thank you with something hand made from my heart.

post signature

1 comments:

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

I sure enjoyed looking over your whole site. Holy smokes, you are one talented lady. Your aprons are to die for and that wedding fold-out book...beautiful!

Happy creating,

M.L.@thehouseofwhimsy

Related Posts with Thumbnails