Monday, August 25, 2008

My baby is a senior....

Well last night after everyone was tucked into bed I snuck downstairs and had to get the decorations going. My oldest son Brandon is returning to high school today. It's just not ANY first day of school, it's his first day as a SENIOR in high school. I couldn't let the day begin without some festivities. I went into the storage room and got out the balloons and ribbons and decorated the kitchen in the school colors. I was hoping he wouldn't come down for a midnight snack and spoil the surprise. I waited patiently for the alarm to ring this morning.
After three attempts to wake him, he finally came down for breakfast. I'm not sure how he will be able to get himself up when he's off at college next year! As he bounded from the staircase into the kitchen his eyes twinkled with delight. He was surprised to see the festive greeting that reminded him that he was now "the top dog" at the school. I couldn't let the moment pass without a click of the camera to savor the moment. Another memory to tuck away and be reminded how qucikly time has passed by....
After he drove off to leave for what will be his last year at home, my husband and I held hands and prayed for him and all the plans God has in store for him. We have officially begun the school year routine! Summer is coming to a close and this saddens me, but there are so many wonderful times to look forward to throughout this school year.

“Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he shall not depart from it.” Proverbs 31:28

3 comments:

Screaming Meme said...

My baby is a senior too...:( Where did the time go? I wanted to let you know I posted another class...Come check it out! :)

Darlene said...

He is quite the handsome man. He will have a blast his senior year!!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Way to go, Brandon!!! Enjoy your last year in high school - it will go very fast!! Then off you will enter into the college adventures and then BAM into the work place! Follow your dreams and never settle for less than what you dream of in life. Have fun!!!

PS: Your mother is wonderful to whooop it up on your back to school morning!

hugs,
Becky in California

Related Posts with Thumbnails