Saturday, August 9, 2008

A Creation of Memories....

It was on to another creative project this week. I've had no time to clean up the crafting table. I finished one photo memory book and moved on to another creation. My good friend Julie asked me to make a accordion photo book for her in-laws 50th wedding anniversary. She scanned the photos in black and white (I think in those days that's all they had was black and white photos). She told me to do whatever I wanted and that she "trusted me". Sometimes I think makes it more difficult. I am always worried that it won't be what they wanted. Well I finished it and wanted to share the creation with you...
The cover was made out of a wonderful gold embossed paper and I paired that with a wedding paper. I found some beautiful embroidered ivory ribbon and heart locket. The closure for the book was an old pearl and gold button with a thin satin ribbon. I brushed the edges of the cover with a gold paint. I love using this gold paint on my projects. I'll post tomorrow how I do this. Well with the cover finished I was ready to start the pages of the book.

The book is two sided and each side has eight pages. Now the fun begins...

This is were you have to be creative. Each photo is double matted and brushed with gold paint. Then this is where the embellishments come in. Lots of decorative papers, buttons, ribbons, lace, pearls and trinkets.
I distressed a copy of the couple's original wedding invitation and decorated it with lots of embellishments.
One of my favorite blogs to read is The Feathered Nest. Dawn is very creative and I applied some of her ideas from a piece of her art named "1 Thessalonians Collage Artwork". By no means am I on her level of creativity. You MUST check out her blog. I was happy with how this came out and it really added to the vintage look of the book.
More pages of Memories.
I added two pages with pockets on them. I used the embossed gold paper for the pockets. My friend had told me that the best man and maid of honor had sent them a letter to congratulate them on 50 years of wedded bliss. I wanted the happy couple to be able to store the notes inside the book and tuck them away into the pockets. I added a photo of the brides engagement announcement onto a handmade bookmark that was tucked into the pocket and could be pulled out to view.

I delivered the special creation to my friend yesterday. She was very excited to see the finished book. When this gift is presented, I hope this special couple is reminded of happy days from the past and is blessed with with many more blessed memories in the future.

post signature

1 comments:

Shawnee said...

Wow, that book is amazing. My Silver is coming up in two years so I need to learn how to do this!

PS - I've awarded you the Brillante Weblog Award -- come visit my personal blog for details.

Related Posts with Thumbnails