With time running out and the party looming I had to break out the pins and just tie the bias tape around the horn to secure it to the pole. It's hidden in the back of the treatment. I just took this revealing photo so you could see how I accomplished this on the fly. I promised myself after the holidays I would repair my work. Well it's nine months later and as they say "out of sight out of mind". So this will be our secret!
This is my dining room and office. Well once again I was working with a time restriction. Why do we always do that to ourselves??? It must have something to do with creativity. I work best under pressure, and even better when I'm having a party. This time it was a holiday get together with a bunch of friends. They knew I had been working on the two rooms and were expecting to see a "finished product".
I didn't have any rods for the drapery panels between the two rooms. This is known as a parterre, but since I am considering this a "mistreatment" I will not give it this fancy name. I had some scarp pieces of rods, not even the same colors. I painted them with black spray paint, and brushed my favorite gold paint on them. This paint can be used for many things. View a few of my previous posts to get more ideas. After painting them I pieced them together with a mending plate and hung them on the wall by hiding some angle irons. Then I fired up my glue gun and glued on the tassel trim. Wola... a finished "mistreatment" that could pass for something right out of the drapery workroom!
Just thought I would show you the other side of the room which is my office. The cornice has some beaded tassel fringe and you guessed it....I glued it on.