Sunday, August 31, 2008

Create a gift from your heart....

Our pastor's wife had a baby recently and I wanted to send a little gift to welcome their new bundle of joy. It was their first child. I remember how many photos I took, just in the first month. What could be better than a special book to hold all those memories of their little angel. Making things for little girls is my speciality. Being that I have two boys I rarely get the opportunity to make girly things. I went to my "stash" and got out the fancy ribbon, rhinestones and flowers. You know I love pink...so the theme had to be girly PINK!
A ribbon closure and pink buttons and embellishments adorned the inside. Empty pages just waiting to be filled with photographs of their blessing sent from above.
I made a matching gift bag and gift tag to hold to hold the special gift.
Next time you need a gift try creating it yourself. It will be a gift that will touch someones heart.
Even before the stars lit up the sky, you had a special place in the heart of God.

4 comments:

Blogger said...

That's really pretty!

I recently made some gifts for my niece and it was such great fun because I also have boys!

Come on over to my blog, I am having a giveaway! Good Luck :)

Bella

@JeanAnnVK said...

Hi Sherry Lynn,
Tried to email you today and the email was bounced back. Could you send me an email that I can reach you at? thanks,
JA

Joy said...

The little books and gift bags that you make are absolutely incredible!
What a very personal and wonderful gift.

Rohit Singh said...

very Nice Article and Pictures are very beautiful I forgot to mention last night Play bazaarthat I've nominated you to receive The Versatile Blogger award.Satta king

Related Posts with Thumbnails