Thursday, August 7, 2008

A birthday gift filled with memories...

One of my favorite things to do is creating a gift that becomes a treasure for years to come. I love to create photo books and journals.

Today I finished a small book filled with memories from our recent vacation with my sister. The book is a birthday gift for my sister Renee. It's been two long years filled with trials for her and her children. One year ago she lost her husband to cancer. During the weeks vacation I tried to capture photos that would bring back happy family memories. I added embellishments to the pictures and made a matching gift bag with a poem about sisters.

The book cover tells her that our family will always be there for her. The hang tag has the word HOPE. Hope that the days ahead will become easier and the hope that Our Lord and Savior has given us to endure the trials that we may face during our earthly journey.

The pages were filled with photos of her family at the cottage which has brought happiness during many sun filled summer days.

More happy times together with grandma and grandpa and the grandchildren sharing another wonderful vacation day.

All the kids gathered with my sister on one hammock. Laughing and reminding her how much she is loved.
Other pages were in the book. Pages filled with photos that tell a story of a family who love each other. A family who can count on one another during the happy times and the rough times. The last page had a pocket. The pocket holds notes that each of us wrote to my sister. Notes letting her know how much she is loved. I'm going to see my sister tomorrow. I can't wait to give her this gift. I hope it will bring a smile to her day.

post signature

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sherry...the book is so thoughtful. I know Renee will appreciate it. Hope you have a nice day today.
Amy

Rohit Singh said...

very Nice Article and Pictures are very beautiful I forgot to mention last night Play bazaarthat I've nominated you to receive The Versatile Blogger award.Satta king

Related Posts with Thumbnails