Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The voting as begun...Will you please vote...

This was the image for the Mind Wide Open October contest.
It was tiltled "All dressed up".
I have never entered the monthly contest, and this month I decided to take a risk and make one of my "Creations From the Heart". The artists that submit their work always do very creative and wonderful work. I felt a bit out of my element. Since the title of the photo was "All dressed Up", I decided to make an evening bag and embellish it with handmade ribbon roses, vintage lace, buttons and pearls. I wasn't crazy about the handles I used, but it was late last night, I had to finish before the deadline. I am never realistic about how long it will take me to complete a project. It always takes me much longer than I think. I am going to put on some gold beaded handles and add somemore embellishments. I want to submit the purse to Somerset Magizine, so I'm going to gliz it up a bit more....
The brush trim that was put on the bag I made by hand with some wonderful yarn. The fabric is silk, and I color copied the image onto a piece of fabric. When I saw the gold heart locket I knew it would be perfect item to embellish the image.
I am humbly asking that you go to Mine Wide Open and vote. Just click HERE and follow the voting directions by leaving a comment on who you would like to vote for. There as so many wonderful creations to choose from, it would be great if you would cast a vote for me.
It has been a blessing to have each and everyone of you stop by and see my creations. I am in awe at how many people have enjoyed stopping by. I truly enjoy sharing my creations with each of you. You have touched my heart!

"If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the HEART of a friend, that would be giving as the ANGLES give."

4 comments:

Lucy Edson said...

Stunning use of the image for MWO!! What a beautiful bag!! :)

Nita Jo said...

Absolutely beautiful! It definitely fits the "All Dressed Up" theme!

Shopgirl said...

This is lovely...good luck!
Mary

Sanja said...

absolutely lovely!!:0)

Related Posts with Thumbnails