Saturday, October 11, 2008

Adding more Autumn decor...

Do you have a favorite piece of furniture? Maybe it's a special painting that makes you smile as you catch a glimpse of it as you walk by... Both the cabinet and the painting bring that smile to my face. These pieces are right in my foyer when you walk into my house. I have had the painting for years. I purchased it when my boys were small. It is was not expensive, but it is a treasure to me. Every time I see it I think of my boys, years gone by all to quickly. The piece of furniture was another bargain. I got it at a discount store. It had a few dings, which people now a days pay extra for! It is hand painted and with it's imperfections, it is perfect to me. During the holidays I love to accessorise with seasonal decor. The fall season is no exception.
BEFORE THE TRANSFORMATION
These two photos are special to me. I picked the cabinet to display them on. Then when I see the painting of the mom with her children my eyes are drawn to the photo of my family that I cherish so much, and sometimes take for granted. A few years ago I found this photo of my husbands family when he was a boy. Like our family, there were two boys. I just love the similarity....It makes me smile and brings joyful feeling to my heart. Photos are wonderful ways to get glimpses of the past.
AFTER THE FALL DECOR IS IN PLACE
These pumpkins were just to blah. I needed some glitz. I added my favorite gold craft paint. By just dry brushing some paint onto the pumpkins and leaves it made a wonderful difference.
Don't you think that the paint really changed it to a pumpkin with glam! The little crystals around the base of the candlestick and vase helped to add the sparkle. I love sparkle. I may live in a house with all men, but I've told you, I am a "Girly Girl"!
Can you See the gold paint on the pumpkins?
I added some berries and a few silk fall flowers. Now let me show you what I did with this frame. I by no means can take credit for the idea. I was on one of my favorite blogs "A little of this and a little of that", and saw a frame that Amy had displayed. That's where I got the idea.
I just glued some newspaper on a piece of typing paper and ran it through my computer printing out the words. For me the fall season is all about being "thankful". I am not into the witches or scary things, so I wanted to print out something about giving thanks...."GIVE THANKS ALWAYS". God deserves the thanks, He has blessed each of us.
I added my own decorative touch to the frame by once again using the gold paint and brushing it on the frame. Did I mention that I got the frame at the dollar store! Doesn't it look like it's came from a home interior store? I just love when that happens!!!
I hope that you can use a few of these tips and incorporate them into your fall theme. As you have seen, you don't have to spend a lot of money to display some "Thankfulness" in your home this fall season.
Thanks for stopping by to view some of my
"Creations From My Heart".

"Autumn is a second spring, where every leaf's a flower".

1 comments:

Screaming Meme said...

It is so bveautiful! I love your style!

Related Posts with Thumbnails