Tuesday, October 14, 2008

How Thoughtful!

Well the mailman arrived yesterday with a wonderful surprise. It was my apron from the "Hittin' the Trail" apron swap. It was about two months late and I had forgotten about it. You see my partner never sent my apron. Her dad had gotten sick and I never heard back from her. It was disappointing, because when I do a swap I really try and make a creation that my partner will love. I realize that things in life happen and sometimes it's hard to carry out a commitment. Well Val, was hosting the swap and she felt really bad. After waiting so log, she said that she was making a special cowboy apron just for me. It was a wonderful surprise and so sweet of her to do this.

I can't wait to wear it. I had to get "my friend" all dress up just so I could show it off. I'm not sure if I'll wear the cowboy hat when I'm cooking. If I do then for sure my family will think I've lost my mind! Thank you again Val, for your kindness it was a sweet surprise. It made my day!

Have you had a kindness shown?

Pass it on; 'Twas not given for thee alone,

Pass it on; Let it travel down the years,

Let it wipe another's tears,

'Til in Heaven the deed appears -Pass it on.

4 comments:

Katy said...

That was so sweet of her! I LOVE it!!! It is great!!! :)

Yarni Gras! said...

oh goodie, I'm glad you like it! My husband even thought it was cute! HAH!
Don't be afraid to try the recipes, they are all really good...just tweak them to your liking, seasoning wise.

frankenpug said...

Cute, cute!

jillytacy said...

Great apron! Val is the greatest partner and so thoughtful!! I'm glad you finally have an apron.

Related Posts with Thumbnails