Friday, October 17, 2008

A Gift from "A is for Apron"...

A gift for a new mother.....
Here's another apron I just completed. I had all good intention of sending this apron off to a friend I met through Apronista when she was pregnant. Time got away from me and she has had the baby. It's a maternity pattern. Years ago one of the large pattern companies had this pattern but it's no where to be found. While I was going through the "A is for Apron" book I found a VERY similar pattern. I love the gathered pockets and the bias tape bows. I hope she likes it. Her favorite color is red. I added a thin bias tape out of a black and white leaf pattern.
The "Provence Smock" is the apron featured in the book. I think the apron would be great to wear as an accessory to your outfit.
Another view of the apron.

Isn't the back cute. I used two vintage black buttons on my apron.

Sewing an apron can be easy. It makes a wonderful gift for someone you care about.

"Teach a child a craft, it is a gift they will treasure forever".

3 comments:

Suzann @ Lavender and Roses said...

Oh my goodness I must have one of those in toile!

Lisa said...

I'm having apron Envy....he he. I love it. Too cute.
Lisa

Shawnee said...

So glad you've joined the Holiday Hostess Flirty Apron Swap!

Related Posts with Thumbnails