Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Resale Shop Treasures

Is there something you are hooked on? Come and join in the Hooked on Friday's blog party and discover what other fellow bloggers are hooked on. Thrift stores are definitely something I am hooked on. A few weeks ago I posted HERE some of my thrift store treasures. I promised I would show you some of my creations using those treasures. Here are two plates that I picked up totaling $1.50. Can you believe it! I had the idea in my mind and who I was going to make it for. My friend Amy loves these colors, so I knew it would be perfect.
I also picked up a couple of tapered candlestick holders for .50 cents each.
A small sundae dish.... for .50 cents
I got out my favorite glue and My Creation was complete.
The entire project cost me $2.50 and makes a lovely gift, or make one for yourself. It is perfect to use for serving desserts or fruit and dip.
I hadn't seen Amy in a few weeks and I know she needed a pick-me-up, so what girl doesn't Love chocolate! I made some chocolate covered strawberries for the platter.
I arranged them on the tiered plate. With a decorative polka dot bow and a little card. My gift was complete and ready to give to my friend. It was so sweet, she posted about the gift
From My Heart ...HERE.

Next time you take a trip to the thrift store, stop by and look at all the plates and glassware. It's amazing what you can create for little cost when you think outside of the box! Wishing you a wonderful and creative Wednesday.

"A friend loves at all times."Proverbs 17:17

19 comments:

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Sherry, I'll start looking at stuff with new eyes when junkin'.
You came up with a lovely project, basically from nothing!
Love everything you found....you, lucky and creative thing you!

tammy said...

I need to remember to hit the thrift stores! I wish there were some closer so it wasn't such a big deal to drive there.

Brandy said...

Hey just wanted to say thanks for the welcome! Amy just loves you cant wait to get to know ya...

Unknown said...

Your project turned out lovely. Your friend is very lucky to have you. I do love chocolate covered strawberries!! Esther

Sherri said...

From another Sherri, I LOVE this gorgeous project. I have a little one up my sleeve but it is VERY tiny compared to yours! Everything came together and formed a beautiful 'gift' from the heart that is also inspiring to us all.

Amy said...

Sherry...I loved your gift. The best gift was getting to spend some time for a visit (too short). I have the tiered confection plate in the living room for now. I need another china cabinet...maybe we can find one at the thrift store : )

Love you,
Amy

My Vintage Studio said...

You ALWAYS have the greatest ideas! Your friend is very lucky!
Cheers.

Sherri said...

Sherry, I wanted to let you know that I mentioned you on my blog post today. Because I also saw your cloche and made one of my very own too. Now I will be hunting items for this project. I would love giving them to my sisters for uncoming birthdays! Thank you again for sharing your inspirations.

tam said...

Hi Sherry!
WoW terrific idea for a gift! And what a wonderful friend you are to give such a sweet gift too! Thanks for sharing and insiring!~Tam:D

Charlene said...

What a darling idea! I had not thought of doing it this way. Thanks for sharing.

ImagineCozy said...

I love to shop thrift stores, especially for clothes. You do have to look with new eyes!

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

I think with the economy the way it is a lot more folks are going to be heading to their local thrift stores, especially if they read about the great buys you got.
Great job!

Kathi said...

Just stopped by, thanks to Julia.
Your blog is so pretty! I'm looking for some pretty plates for my new yellow dining room. Love thrift stores too! Just need to find some plate hangers now...

Holly said...

Very creative and pretty...nice job!
I love thrift stores too.

Leila said...

A lovely idea!

Tamara Jansen said...

What a great idea! I would never have thought of it but it looks beautiful :)

Suzy said...

I love me some thrift stores too! Wednesday is always half off day at the S&A Boutique, as I like to call it!!A.K.A> Salvation Army... LOL Thanks for Sharing.

the BLAH BLAH BLAHger said...

What a great idea! Good goin!

Unknown said...

What a sweet gift. I love thrift stores too, I'll be looking for the "parts" to make this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails