Monday, March 7, 2011

Snowy White Christening Blanket

Just began knitting a few months ago.
It has not been easy for me.
I didn't realize how difficult this "New Hobby" is.
But I did finish my first project.
The pattern was called "Spoiled Baby Blanket". 
I made it for by new great niece Baby Isabella.
I shared with you here
Take a look at my knitting accomplishment...


I had two weeks from start to finish to get this project completed.


Once knitted, the pattern made little holes
 which allows you to run a ribbon
 along the outer edge of the blanket.


Each corner has a pretty bow.

I used a very pale Pink Satin ribbon...


I made a card to go with the blanket.


Gotta have some rhinestones on the girly card!


I embellished the card by using the PINK ribbon
 from the blanket for the bow. 

The same yarn that was used  for the blanket
 wrapped around the card. 

A note for Isabella's baby book.
 She can read in years to come....



A pretty button with a rhinestone on top held the yarn on the card.


Isn't baby Isabella sweet?

Here she is right after the christening....


The best part...
Yesterday was the baptism and my husband and I
 were asked to be Baby Isabella's Godparents.

It was a perfect day!
We couldn't have been happier!

Now for the giveaway.
The lucky winner is...
Contact me so I can put the gift in the mail!

Can't wait to start showing you the master bedroom makeover.
The furniture is starting to get painted. 
 I have my fingers crossed that it will turn out great.
Check back to see how it looks.

I'll be linking up to...


6 comments:

Marilyn said...

The work is beautiful and perfect for a princess. Yarn and I don't get along, but my daughter taught herself how to knit after a friend taught her how to crochet. ♥♫

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

You did a great job, Sherry! That blanket looks so soft! Congrats on being godparents; I know she couldn't be more loved.

Sueann said...

Your gift to Isabella is so beautiful and elegant! And she is gorgeous! Congrats on being named God Parents! That is wonderful!
Hugs
SueAnn

Lisa'sLettersandLace said...

How gorgeous! And what a charming letter with the embellishments. Both are wonderful keepsakes. I came over to see you from "scrappy gifts".

dee -@ The Old Fat Hen said...

I love your blanket.Did you make it up or did you use a pattern i would love to knit one,thanks so much your blog is beautiful-dee

Crafty Mommy Diva said...

Gorgeous blanket and beautiful card. Love the bling on it. Thanks for linking up to Scrappy Saturdays.

Related Posts with Thumbnails