Friday, March 11, 2011

I want those Leopard Slippers...

Yep, these leopard slippers. 

Aren't they cute?
I saw them HERE...


Are you a slipper Girl?
I am.
Always have them on inside the house.
 These are my favorite style to wear.
Either Pink....


Or Black.

I have about 5 pair and I get them at Walmart.
See the price only $7.97!




I love the ballerina stlye of slipper.
I really wanted the Patricia Green Lola Slippers,
 but I am to Frugal CHEAP to pay $37.00 plus shipping for them.
Anyway they didn't have a size 9. 

 Yep, I have big feet!

 I could justify the price,
 because  I would wear them at home every day.

But why not GLAM up my Walmart slippers? 
While purchasing the slippers at Walmart,
 I picked up some leopard print fabric. 

 I'm lucky my Walmart carries fabric
 and they have quite a nice selection.


I used a seam ripper to carefully remove the white bow.


I needed to make some bias tape with the leopard fabric.
I just love using these bias tape makers. 
They come in different sizes.

They work GREAT. 
You can purchase them at your local fabric store.


I cut 2" strips of fabric on the bias...


Inserted my fabric in the bias tape maker
and ran the iron along to set the folds.


Here's the completed piece of bias tape.




Pinned the bias tape around the slipper
 and then machine stitched it in place. 
This was a bit tricky.
  You could hand stitch the bias tape in place.
As always I was to impatient to hand stitch.

To be honest,
 I wanted to take them with me that evening to a friends house. 
 My slippers go everywhere with me.

Is that weird?
  I don't like cold feet!


Now doesn't that look better than my plain Walmart slipper?


I made a little fabric flower which I hand stitched.



Where's the BLING you ask?

Yep, I added a rhinestone button to the center of the fabric flower.


This is a quick and easy project
that will Glam up those Plain Jane Slippers!

I'll be linking this project to the following links...

13 comments:

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

Okay, now I want them too! You're are so cute.... I wear slippers all the time in my house. I like the ones with rubber soles but I think I could change me mind if I had ones as adorable as yours! Fantastic

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Those are great, Sherry! I love that style slipper too. My current pair are like a light teal/aqua blue. Very snazzy for running the garbage can out at the last minute! : ) I had no idea they made a bias tape tool like that. Very interesting; it's probably something great to keep in your sewing box.

BTW, I'm a size 9 in most slippers, too.

Unknown said...

Ok girl now you've done it!! I want a pair!! I'm going to wal- mart! You are so clever!! Thanks for showing them to us! Luv-Loretta

AmberFaith said...

Newest follower from the Boost My Blog Friday hop! Would love for you to stop by and follow back! (:

Amber
http://beautifullybellafaith.blogspot.com

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

What a cute pair of slippers. I love the leopard trim and the rosette, so sweet.

hugs
Sissie

Donna said...

Sherry,
These are adorable! I wear these slippers around the house all the time (the ugly ones). I have everything except new slippers to make a pair. I love bias tape makers! Going to Walmart tomorrow to buy me a pair!
Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea!
Hugs,
Donna

tammy said...

Great idea! I'm thinking that would make a fun gift for Mother's Day.

malia said...

Hello-- These are so cute and creative! Need them!
I'm your newest follower via Design It Chic... would love for you to consider following me back. xo Malia
www.yesterdayontuesday.com

Lexi said...

Oh those are soo cute! I love the little bling you added as well! Thank you for sharing.

Jules said...

Those are just the glammest, cutest things ever! I have size nine as well. My dad always said I had a good understanding. Or waterskis. Depended on his mood! Love the slippers, no matter what size! jules from blesid

Anonymous said...

I'm your newest follower from the Boost My Blog Friday Blog Hop. If you get a minute please drop by and follow back. Have a wonderful week!
http://alittleoftheother.com

Anna said...

Hi!

I'm from the Boost my Blog hop. Cute slippers! I look forward to future posts.

Feel free to check out my blog here:http://inadaze13.blogspot.com/

Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Hi
Just wanted to let you know that I “ Featured” you on Santa’s Gift Shoppe Blog Hop today for your great project & inspiration! Be sure to grab the “I was featured” on Santa’s Gift Shoppe Button/Code for your sidebar! You deserve it! Thanks so much..If you’re not a follower already we’d love for you to join us...Have a WONDERFUL Week!!
Barb

Related Posts with Thumbnails