Thursday, September 17, 2009

Yippee...It Arrived Today in the Mail!

I walked in the house today and saw the package sitting on the counter. There it was, the NEW publication from Somerset Studios, "Haute Handbags". Before I even ripped open the package I began my "Happy Dance" around the house. I was totally making a fool out of myself, while my boys both yelled, "MOM...stop that, you're embarrassing us!" I didn't care.
I knew somewhere in the magazine was a photo of the purse I created. I had submitted the purse over one year ago and had forgotten about it. About five months ago I had received and email letting me know that my purse was going to be featured in the upcoming Fall issue of Haute Handbags. Quickly flipping the pages of the magazine, I found my purse on page 139.

(click to enlarge and see instructions)

I had gotten the wonderful image from Mind Wide Open during one of their monthly challanges. I just loved the sweet photo.

It's so exciting to see the photo and my name in print. Living in a house with all men, they cannot relate to me and how excited I got over the photo of the purse. I wanted to share it with all of you who love to create and enjoy "girly things". So I hope you understand my joy.

It is a beautiful magazine. It will be sold starting October 1st. Borders, Joann Fabrics and Michaels all sell the magazine. If you love purses and you love to create, this is definitely for you. So many women are "Hooked ON" purses. What are you Hooked ON? Stop by Hooked on Houses to see what others are Hooked On. Here are a few of my favorites that are featured in the new edition of Haute Handbags... I love this fun purse made of newsprint.... I'm encouraging you to take a risk. If you love to create take a chance and submit some of your work. It's worth it. Somerset Studios has many different publications. Click HERE to see some of the things that they are looking for. You never know, you may soon be doing the "Happy Dance" when the mailman stops by your house! Wishing you a day filled with happiness....
When we create, we show others the talents the Creator blessed us with...

9 comments:

Unknown said...

My absolute heartiest congratulations - it is a beautiful purse - so feminine.

I have no idea if I can get that magazine in the UK - but will try.

I am just starting out my journey of making things with material, having had no sewing experience whatsoever before - a bit old to learn at my age - but why not!

Here is my first effort
http://atcsbylottie.blogspot.com/2009/09/finished-bag-my-very-first-one.html

but as I get more material, I hope to really improve and make more. Thank you for posting the instructions, I would like to have a go - and of course I will credit it back to you if I do. I am a follower of your blog so keep up to date with all your news

Candy said...

Oh I'm so happy for you!!! I too live with guys and you're right, they don't get it. Your creation is absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to get my own copy of the magazine. I scrolled down the page to see what's been going on in your world. Have you finished the bedroom yet, so lovely. Also enjoyed seeing all your harvest time decorations.
Harvest Blessings!

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi sweet Sherry!!!! I'm SO happy for you!!!! I can really relate as it's all boys over here too! Your purse is just gorgeous and I not surprised one bit that they wanted to publish it...Congratulations sweetie!! xxoo, Dawn

Nancy said...

Congratulations on your success! I can relate as I once sold an idea and photos of natural Christmas decorations to Better Homes and Gardens. I received the money but they never published my idea and photos. :(

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

WOW! Congratulations. :) It is a beautiful bag! You are a talented girl. Visiting from Julia's party. :)

kado! said...

Congrats! That is just awesome! ...and the purse IS beautiful!

I have a sewing machine that I wish I could use correctly...it scares me...I'm all good until the thread comes unthreaded...or the bobbin runs out....then I don't know how to put it together...I have to put it away until someone comes to visit and fix it....I'm sure it's all mental...but I wish I was talented in that area!

Sandy said...

Congratulations, Sherry. What an honor!

Maureen said...

Congratulations!!!! I don't blame you for being excited! Your purse is darling!

JAN said...

Congratulations, Sherry! How fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails