Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of Highschool...Watch Out...

It's the first day of school today and I couldn't let this special event pass without a sign for my NEW high schooler.
It's my youngest son's first day of school in the 10th grade today. So last night I waited patiently for him to go to bed so I could put a sign together . I hung it in the perfect spot, so that it would be the first thing he would see when he came down for breakfast.
The day started early. The bus comes by at 6:30 a.m. You heard me right....6:30 in the morning. I guess my late night craft sessions will be ending. I can't go to bed at 3:00 a.m. and wake up at 6:00 a.m. Well, before my son ran out the door to catch the bus, I insisted that he smile for the camera. I wanted to have a photo so I could look back and remember today.
Once again today I was reminded of how quickly time passes and how fast our children grow. I can't wait till he gets home to hear how the first day of High school went! If it was your child's first day of school today, remember to get the camera out of the drawer and capture a photo of the day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes they grow up so fast then they move to other states and you don't get to see them often. Enjoy every day you have now with them!! Warm wishes, Esther

Unknown said...

How lucky your boys have such a wonderful mother. No wonder Austin has a big smile - hope he enjoyed his first day

kado! said...

He is very handsome...and what a very cute sign! I love it!

mine is off to 5th grade..and starting pre-K...I took photos of course!

Related Posts with Thumbnails