Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Christmas Tree Full of Memories

I wanted to share with you one of my favorite Christmas trees that I have in my house. It's a tree filled with wonderful memories.

It's a small tinsel tree that has photos of my husbands family and my family when we were children. I found some old photos and reduced them in size so that they would fit in these tiny frames.

I just placed the tree into the pot I recycled from my fall mantel decorations. I added some beads and iridescent shed to the top of the pot.

Here's a close up of some of the pretty frames with the old photos. I just love the pearls on the frame. That's my Mother in Law with my husband.

My mom had lent me a box of old photos. I had so much fun looking through them. I decided to scan all of them and make a CD for my two sisters and brother for Christmas. I'm still working on that gift!!



Here's one of the photos on the tree. It is from Christmas in 1961. The photo is of me with my mom and my younger sister, Renee. We are not even a year apart in age. My poor mom. She had four children in four years. She has the patience of a saint.
I love this photo. It is of my Mother in Law with my husband. I had to put this one on the tree!
Looking through the box of photos brought back so many memories of family and those people whom I love. This holiday take some photos of the special moments you share with your family and friends. Years from now you will look back at them with your children and remember the treasured times from this Christmas season. What's your favorite Christmas decoration?  Visit "How Sweet the Sound".  Pink Saturday has many bloggers posting about what is special to them. 





8 comments:

tammy said...

Love it! What a fabulous idea. One that I may have to copy.

Beth at Aunties said...

Your tree is gorgeous and I loved all your family memories.
I too enjoy our tree full of memories and might want to copy it next year. The frames on the tree at my nieces wedding Saturday looked awesome hung with black ribbon.

Have a wonderful Christmas:)

Anonymous said...

Your tree is beautiful and what a great idea! Where did you find such lovely little frames?

Merry Christmas!!

Barbara Jean said...

Sherry,
Your 'family' photo tree is lovely. What a great idea!! And your home decor photos on the precous blog are beautiful..

Blessings to you and your family in 2009.

God is so good. All the time!

Barbara Jean

Barbara Jean said...

Sherry,
Your 'family' photo tree is lovely. What a great idea!! And your home decor photos on the precous blog are beautiful..

Blessings to you and your family in 2009.

God is so good. All the time!

Barbara Jean

GwendolynKay said...

I love that tree. I have framed pictures on our tree of loved ones who have gone ahead of us to heaven. Grandparents, both our fathers. This year I need to add my brother in law to it also. It is a wonderful way to keep them in our hearts at this time of year. Blessings!
gwen

♥Mimi♥ said...

We don't need elaborate decorations or a big tree or numerous gifts under a tree. All any of us needs is to carry the spirit of Christmas in our hearts and to share it all year long with everyone we meet.

That tree is absolutely remarkable and so, so precious! Now you've got me thinkings...

Thank you so much for sharing your blog with me today. Yes, I'm crazy about ♥PINK♥ but I'm also devoted to visiting some of the nicest blogs in cyberspace.

Hoping your weekend is filled with peace.

Mollye said...

Hi Sherry That is one of the cutest ans sweetest decorating ideas I've ever seen. I have always had a thing for the tinsel trees but never knew what to put with them. You've just answered that question. Happy Holidays, Mollye

Related Posts with Thumbnails