Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Ten Minute Makeover

My friend Shelly has been hooked on the ten minute makeover challenge. She has inspired me to take the challange and see what quick make over I can do in just ten minutes. It can be as easy are rearranging the items you display on your bakers rack.
Here are her before and after photos.
AFTER
Now she's all set for Easter.
My ten minute makeover turned into about an hour, but it was simple and FREE. Yes, free! I was never quite happy with the table in my foyer. I love all the individual items on the table, but it was lacking something. Well with less than a yard of left over drapery fabric and 3/4 of a yard of two types of trim I began the transformation.
I decided to add a table runner. Since sewing is something I love to do, there was no cost involved. I added a coding to the sides of the runner and finished the ends off with some coordinating tassel trim. Boy am I glad I kept those tiny pieces of trim. It worked out perfectly. Here you can see the cording I used and my favorite trim with the glitzy mirror pieces. The fabric an embroidered faux silk and I added some crystal beaded strands around the moss ball. Can you ever have to much bling.
Here's my finished ten minute (one hour) makeover. Take a look around your house and see what you can change the look of. It doesn't have to take a lot of time or money. It will put a smile on your face and it's a wonderful feeling to know you did it all by yourself! Soon you will find yourself hooked on the idea of a quick makeover.
If you are interested in seeing what others are hooked on visit "Hooked on Houses" HERE. Have a wonderful day creating!
Use the hands that God gifted to you to create something wonderful...

20 comments:

Stacey said...

Looks beautiful! I do love the 10 minute idea. Of course, it never takes 10 minutes but the feeling is great.

Sherri said...

SHERRY!
That looks fabulous! LOVE the fabric and cording you chose - so pretty!

Abbie said...

Hi Sherry!
what lovely before and afters. so much fun and so talented! Love the entry table runner, it's gorgeous! Clever lady!
xoxo~
Abbie

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Isn't it amazing how such little, quick changes spark new interest in a room? Amazing!

Lynda said...

Both the baker's rack and the entryway table look fantastic!! You did an outstanding job.

Tristan said...

That looks So awesome! Good Job!

Suzy said...

Looks great! I do the same thing, whip up a pillow or a runner whenever I want to change things up.
Thanks for Sharing!

Andi @ udandi / Lunch It Punch It said...

I love that your 10 minutes turned into an hour! that's how I am, but I emerge from the sewing machine with what I intended and something else that sparked an idea!

amariaf2000 said...

Very nice!! I'm sure my 10 minutes would turn into hours, but the concept is awesome! Thanks for sharing!!
~angela @ peonypatch
www.mccalled.com/peonypatch

ImagineCozy said...

The runner really did add to the overall feel! And there is certainly a good amount of satisfaction having done something yourself. Thanks for sharing.

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Nice looking shelf. And I also like the idea of the 10 minute makeover.

Cass @ That Old House said...

Good styling! I like the makeovers; nicely done, indeed.
Cass

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

We are firm believers in "Free" makeovers! Love your Banner & your verse....ok your whole blog is just the cutest!! Enjoy your weekend!
Karla & Karrie

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

"Free makeovers" are definitely the best kind, and these are great examples. Thanks for the decorating inspiration today, Sherry! :-)

Nancy said...

Happy Pink Saturday! Didn't see the post, but loved this one.

JudyBug said...

I love to decorate for Spring. You made some fabulous quick changes!

JudyBug

Amy said...

10 minutes of fabulous! I just got my apronology magazine in the mail today. Your apron is to die for... By far the very best in the whole book! Love it... NOw will you fly out here for a personal signing? I am so glad I finally got it... couldn't find it around here so I ordered it online.

cherry said...

Hi Sherry...so nice to meet you. I made my scallop on my cricut cricket machine. If you have something that you need a scallop for ..let me know I would be more than happy to make you a few and mail them! Love your 1 hour redo...lots of fun to rearrange..one of my fave things to do. cherry

Billie said...

wow, this is beautiful!

Mr. king said...


very Nice Article and Pictures are very beautiful I forgot to mention last night Play bazaarthat I've nominated you to receive The Versatile Blogger award.Satta king

Related Posts with Thumbnails