Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Special Wedding Cake

Ever say "I CAN do that !" 
and then wonder, "What was I thinking???"

Yep, that was me. 
My very good friend Shelly's daughter was getting married.
It was a BIG wedding.  
600 guests and I volunteered to make the wedding cake 
as a special gift.

It wasn't to far fetched for me to make this offer.  
About 15 years ago I had a wedding cake business,
but since then I have only done 2 wedding cakes.

Times have changed
 and wedding cakes have gotten much more elaborate!
Have you ever seen an episode of Cake Boss or Cake War?
Then you know what I am talking about.

I started to agonize over the cake.  
Since I was a guest at the wedding 
I wanted it to be perfect.

The bride only had a few requirements...
Buttercream Frosting...
A Monogram on the cake...
Each tier of the cake had to have a different design..
The tiers of the cake had to be square...

So here's the process and the finished cake...

I rented this pretty cake stand.


Next step, the monogram.
I used a wooden disc to cut a template.


 Fondant was used to make the disc for the monogram.





I printed out some different font styles for the monogram.


Here's the font I decided to use.


To get the exact size of the monogram
I placed the disk on the unfrosted cake.



I lightly traced the monogram onto the fondant
then filled the letters in with Royal icing.


It took a few tries but finally got it to work out.



I ordered this gold rhinestone ribbon  from HERE
 to add some glam to the cake.




Layer by layer the cake started to come together....



Each layer had a different design....





Once delivered to the reception hall 
fresh flowers were added to the cake.


With a sigh of relief the cake was done.
I couldn't wait to put on my dancing shoes 
and celebrate at the wedding!


It was a perfect wedding.
Shelly's attention to detail was unbelievable.
The next morning I relaxed with a cup of coffee
 and a BIG slice of Cake!
I'll be linking up to the following...

8 comments:

Sueann said...

Oh my...the cake is absolutely stunning.
Well done
Hugs
Sue
Ann

Creations from my heart said...

Great to hear from you SueAnn...
It's nice to be back blogging!

Creations By Cindy said...

Beautiful! Love how you added the sparkle! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Tanya Rachelle said...

Wonderful monogram! Beautiful cake. You have a new follower in me!
~T

Susan said...

How beautiful! I know they had to be wow'ed by it. Glad to see you blogging again!

Susan
xoxo
twentyfour7

Mr. king said...

Good work Article is awosome i like satta king by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.Play bazaaris very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs

SNK Enterprises Inc said...

Cake is absolutely stunning and looks yummy. Get three tier cup cake stand from SNK Enterprises.

Amit Kumar TRT said...

Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very usefully!

CCSU BA 1st Year Exam Result 2021

Related Posts with Thumbnails