Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Chico's Knockoff

Every wardrobe has to have a bit of leopard in it,
 Don't cha Think?

Last Winter I tore this page out of a magazine.
I went to the Chico's web site and HERE it was.

I loved the jacket, not the price tag of $139.00.

By the condition of the picture,
can't you tell I had thrown it in a file?



It got me thinking...
How about if I sewed a cute leopard jacket
just like the one at Chico's????

I found some Leopard Faux fur fabric at Joann's for 40% off.
Buttons were Half off and I had a coupon for the black satin lining.
Final Price  $22.00!

I paired the jacket up with a black turtleneck and black pants,
just like the stylish photo in the magazine!


Have you ever tried to hold on to a camera,
while smiling and  trying to look stylish
 as you take a photo of yourself?

Boy. it's difficult!




It's been awhile since I sewed something for myself.
It was a fun project and I am happy with how it came out.

If you like the look and can't sew a stitch don't worry.
Take a look HERE, there are lots of styles of Leopard jackets.

This week I'll be linking up to the following sites....

9 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Just GORGEOUS Sherry!!!! I love it on you! You are so talented sweetie...looks just like to pic to me! Hope you are doing wonderful and that you have a blessed and happy new year!!! hugs and love, Dawn

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Good for you, Sherry! It turned out beautifully! Love it and I think it looks great with a black outfit.

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Just chic!!!!!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Well done!! Very stylish and obviously you are great with the sewing machine!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

LOVE that jacket, well the Chuico's one AND the one you made!!! It looks fabulous! I love a touch of leopard too, have a jacket and a blouse that I wear. XO, Pinky

Kathy :) said...

I LOVE it and NO I can't sew..... I can sew a button on that's it !!!

Kathy :)

Lady Courtney said...

You have inspired me!!! I've got a coupon to use at Joann's this week! Gorgeous!

Curtains in My Tree said...

looking good

Candy said...

Well of course one MUST have a piece to show her wild side. Fabulous.
Blissful Blessings ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails