Thursday, March 25, 2010

Huntington House Joins the Tea Party Castle....

Come see me at the Tea Party Castle.

My friend Sharon from "Great Paint for Great Homes", and I have formed a new company called "Huntington House". Sharon is a wonderful faux painter.  With her talent for decorative painting and my drapery business we decided to join forces and design little girls princess bedrooms. We recently put a display in the Tea Party Castle which is a wonderful place for a little girl to have her birthday party. Watch a clip HERE to see the magic that happens at the Tea Party Castle. 
I'd love to share our  newdisplay with you...


The bench started off as a head and foot board.  The foot board was cut to make the sides of the bench and then Sharon  put her wonderful painting talents to work.  I add the dust ruffle and the decorative pillows to finish off the transformation. 


If you were a young girl wouldn't this be dreamy?


These old doors are a wonderful back drop and the hand painted sign is just perfect for the display.


It took us awhile to diecide on the color sceem,
 I just love the soft colors of the PINK and GREEN.


I brought some of my custom pincushions to use for accessories.


Now I know you don't think that this dresser
 fits the color scheme, and it doesn't.
  This is what it looked like before Sharon worked her "magic".....



Now look at the beautiful transformation.
She used the perfect colors to match the fabrics.


This mirror was also hand painted and a tiny pearl trim was added along the edge of the mirror.


The drapery panels were lined with a solid pale pink fabric.  We decided to add a gold mirror.  I'm glad we did.  The mirror catches the reflection of the crystal beaded trim that was added to the drapery panels. What little girl wouldn't love some jewels  hanging from her bed!


The canopy crown was constucted out of wood and then hand painted. 


The BIG Pink satin bow and rhinestone jewels
add a wonderful touch.



The bottom of the crown was finished off
with a row of rhinestone trim that adds a wonderful twinkle.


The soft green stripes pick up the color in the drapes.


A close up of the beaded trim.


 Little pink flowers with rhinestones in the center add a pretty detail to the pillows.  I really like using the rhinestones on the pillows.  I will say, the pillows are much more for decoration than for function! 


I added some shimmery sheer fabric to the center of the bolster
and then sued some rhinestone trim between
the green and pink fabric.



Here's my latest tassel.  She is so sweet.  I just finished a few tassels today and I put them in my Etsy shop.  If you are interested in taking a look stop by HERE.


Some tiered platters and topiaries are also included in our display.


We also offer custom gift wrapping for our customers who purchase items from our display.


A sign letting people know of our services was embellished
with a pretty PINK bow.


The lamp was custom pained and
the shade was embellished with trim.


Here's the princess from the Tea Party Castle.
Doesn't shee look like a princess? 
  I think she likes the pillows on display! 


After we got the display together I had to kick my heals off
and try out the bench. 
 Boy if I was a little girl this would be my idea of
a princess bedroom!


It's time to announce the winner of my giveaway.
I want to thank everyone who entered and left so many wonderful comments.  I truly enjoy hearing from each and everyone of you. 
 NOW FOR THE LUCKY WINNER.........
SueAnn from 
 SueAnn's Journey
Congratulations!

Stop by the following creative blogs. 
 You'll be amazed at all the wonderulf ideas.

37 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Forget the little girls ~ I want this room! Love the bench, the color scheme, the drapes, the painting, everything! It sounds like a good partnership between the two of you and I wish you much success.

Sueann said...

This room is stunning!! I love everything about it!! So beautiful! And I won!!!! Wowzers!! That is so exciting!! woohoo!!
Thanks and hugs
SueAnn

Debby said...

Oh my gosh, the room is stunning. Absolutely gorgeous, love everything about it. I want to go to Tea Party Castle.
Debby

Sylvia (at) Lily's Pad and Petals said...

What little girl wouldn't LOVE this room.
Congratulations on your new business and all the best.

Traci said...

I LOVE this!!! I would love to have it. I wish I had a little girl!!!

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

I want to be a princess... this room is gorgeous & magical! Bella

Treasia Stepp said...

Well not to be ugly here, but forgot those little girls, I want this room. LOL. It's absolutely stunning from top to bottom. The colors are perfect, the pillows, the crown above the bed. Truly beautiful work ladies.

Cindy said...

Ahhhh that is so adorable! I love everything about it! All the details are just amazing!

Hootin Anni said...

Oh boy....my grown daughter would LOVE all this pink!!!

Easter Egg Cup Collection is My show n tell Stop by if you can.


Have a glorious weekend.

Candy said...

WOW now that's doing it in style! Looks like a partnership sure to please. Good luck and have a blast to two wonderful Fairy Godmothers ;-)

Dixie said...

What a delightful bedroom! I bet my little grandaughter...the Panda... would LOVE it!

blessings. Dixie

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

O my goshes!! What a breath takingly beautiful post!! I love the colors and heck with it being a little girl's room..... I would be happy with that for myself!!
Debbie

Unknown said...

This beauty not only for littles girls!!! Love that mirror.

Hugs
Charo

Momrempel said...

This is beautiful! What a wonderful blog. I found you through Friday Follow and I am now following:)

Shawnee said...

That is so TOTALLY GLAM and so you! Congrats on your new venture -

Heather Henderson said...

if only i could be 5 again...

Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Hi I'm Barb. This is so goreous I can't believe it. Great blog.I'm now a follower of yours.. I hope you will go to santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
& find some ideas that might inspire you & your family/Home. I hope you will follow me too. I just finished 4 Kitchen Chairs for $1.25 ea. with black & white polka dots fabric..then 4 stools..a hutch..a table runner..& napkin holder..I couldn't stop! Ha!Ha!Anyway I have aprons,bows,vinyl lettering,one-painting,jewelry & Lots of recipes..so leave me a comment if you would & tell me what you think..Have a great day! Barb

Ali @ Honey and Maple Syrup said...

I would have LOVED a room like that when I was little!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Oh my goodness... I've never seen anything like it! The details on every single little piece are stunning. Right down to a pillow.

I'm awestruck. What a neat venture! I hope it takes off for you!

Thanks for linking up to SNS!
FJ Donna

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Stunning! This is an amazing room for any girl. The details are so impressive. You did an incredible job ~ great work. Hope you have a wonderul weekend!

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Soooo Beautiful !I love everything about it!
Blessings,
~Myrna

DeeDee said...

Talk about drooling..I am not a little girl but would so love this room for mine....so nicely done'


And congrats to the winner...

Annesphamily said...

My 18 year old youngest daughter would love this! You two ladies are incredibly talented! Blessings to you from me in Colorful Colorado!

Anne

Linda Q said...

Can grown up girls with the last name of Queen have this room too, like me?!!
Darling and amazing!!
Linda Q

Sawdust Girl said...

It's all so beautiful!

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

Stunningly Beautiful! I love everything about it! What a wonderful job you did! This is my first Pink Saturday and I am enjoying visiting around and seeing all of the pretties! Please drop in at my place and see my little Basket Full of Sunshine. until later....

Rachelle said...

I LOVE IT! It really looks amazing!

Unknown said...

This is totally princess with a capitol "P"! WOW! My girls would love this!
~Bridgette

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I don't know if gorgeous is a strong enough word for this bedroom. It is amazing.

Magic Brush said...

So I totally thought my daughter had the cutest princess room out there until I saw this room!

My girls is at http://themagicbrushinc.blogspot.com/2009/09/lets-look-at-avas-room-again.html.

What's crazy is we both used the same color scheme and the same toile and I am a faux finisher!!!!

So nice to meet you and good luck with your business! You will rock it with rooms like that!

Its So Very Cheri said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this. It would ALL fit PERFECTLY into Miss G4's Shabby Chic bedroom. I just did a visit on headboard benched before coming here. I bought a headboard and foot board for a fab deal when we were back home in Missouri for a family wedding but then it was going to cost over $100 to ship it so it is at my in-laws till we get back there with a vehicle.
I will follow along and hope you will do the same.
Cheri

Its So Very Cheri said...

You are so creative, I have a Thursday Tute every Thursday, If you would be interested in dong a Tute I would love to have you. I have April 15th open and other than that I am booked up until May 5th. Let me know, they book up really fast and I give a couple of dates to people as they ask and just do a first come... but I would love to have you or even do a blog swap with you.
Cheri

Erika said...

My goodness this is just like in a fairy tale. AMAZING!!!It turned out so beautiful...and those door decorations....Wooooowowowowowow!
♥ Erika

Kaysi said...

WOW!!! It looks like something straight from a magazine!

Allison Shops said...

So cute - you did an amazing job.

Hope you'll drop by AtticMag to give JaneT some advice on making a bench from her vintage bed! #81 on Met Monday.

Allison

Marigene said...

Stunning! A girl of any age would love that room...beautifully done.

Julie said...

Wow! What talent you have for putting things together. Beautifully done. Thanks for sharing with Made it Monday! Jules

Related Posts with Thumbnails